The Deighton Cup is the style event of the summer here in Vancouver. And you all know that I’ll take any chance I can to get dressed up – well let’s be honest, I don’t need a reason to get dressed up.
One of the greatest thing about The Deighton Cup is the people watching! We loved watching people express their creativity in the outfits that they put together.
I was honoured to be selected as one of the Style Stakes Best Dressed competition finalists. I didn’t end up winning (there was some steep competition), but it was an honour to be selected!
For my dapper race day look, I decided to keep things bright and bold. And judging by other guys in attendance, pink and blue were definitely the trend for the day.
Here’s how to get this race day look for yourself:
- Bold blazer – I chose this one from Kohl’s, which came out to less than $40 with a coupon!
- Neutral, light pants – I chose white denim which I scored for $20 from Winners. A quick trip to the tailor and they were the perfect length (shorter is better right now for summer)
- A subtle patterned shirt – This is the one that I was wearing, and I got it for $15 with a coupon (best part of Kohl’s)
- Loafers – Loafers are a must in the summer and these ones from Call It Spring are perfect and came in at $30 on sale.
- Last but not least, accessories!
- Bow tie – a white one to match the pants (picked it up from Winners)
- Watch – my brown and black one from MVMT worked perfect
- Brown bracelet
- Tan belt from Mission Belt Co.
- Sunglasses from Kingsley Eyewear
Now the real show stopper from my Deighton Cup look was the pocket boutonniere I had made for me by my friends over at Simply Perfect Flowers. It’s a unique spin on the boutonniere and I received a lot of compliments on it. It’s a perfect idea for your next big night out or upcoming wedding. If you are local, definitely go talk to Alexis over at Simply Perfect Flowers – or talk to your local florist if you aren’t.
It was a great day filled with exciting races and great style! We can’t wait to go again next year. If you are in Vancouver next July, make sure to check it out!
And as always, shoot me a follow on Instagram (@theroadtodapper) and lets head down the road to becoming more dapper together. I’d love to see looks you pull together or what you are up to – post a picture on Instagram and use the hashtag #theroadtodapper.